Friday, May 05, 2006

How "The Simple Golf Swing" Will Lower Your Score

The best thing about "The Simple Golf Swing" is that it is a system. Most golfers swing at the ball, but never really THINK about what they did wrong, or more importantly, what they did right.

Thinking about the possible corrections usually will not work because there's always a little wrist cock, or a certain turning angle that could have influenced the good or bad result.
What a system does for your game is it allows you to proactively analyze each shot after you hit it and realize the result, good or bad.

For example, I hit the ball and it slices. Now most golfers are going to hit the ball again and slice it again. Maybe they hit a good ball every once in a while, but they'll never know what MADE them hit the good shot.

With this system you'll get 5 simple steps to go through for every swing you put on the ball. Now you'll start to see trends developing, and you can always tie those trends back to one of the 5 steps you are most likely forgetting about which is causing the negative trend.

So in my example, I hit a slice. Now because I have this system in place, I automatically know what I have to concentrate on for the next shot. I know that I did one of 2 things. I let my body get ahead of my hands, or I failed to start the downswing with my arms. If I top the ball, I automatically know that I failed to keep my leading shoulder down on the ball.

So the point is that having simple but effective controls in place will really help your game. You'll be really surprised how much you'll learn about your own game, and how easy it is to develop and maintain good habits once you understand how to recognize them.

David Nevogt writes golf instruction material that helps golfers of all levels reach their full potential and lower their scores. David is the author of "The Simple Golf Swing" which guarantees to have you shooting 7 strokes lower in only 1 week from today. You can find more of his golf instruction by going to http://www.golfswingguru.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=David_Nevogt

No comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007